Tuesday, May 5, 2009

First Sale

This is the first picture of my artwork which I wish to show. This piece is categorized under basket weaving in textile terms. It was my second attempt at making a basket. I am going to make a new one once I have had the time to go and buy the materials. It is made out of Japanese twine and plastic. This donated piece was sold at Works San Jose Auction Benefit Fall 2006. It was collected by a aspiring curator. I am happy about this and will keep working to refine my form in every sense.

This work is my first attempt to make something more formal and with content. The idea behind it was simple. I wanted to make something that looking like a fruit or vegetable. The viewer cannot distinguish this piece to be either a pear like shape or a gourd like shape. My joy of making this work is in the intricate weaving process and playing with mixed media materials. I tend to work with rather interesting materials that is non-traditional to weaving.

Hope you will enjoy this. Take care



No comments:

Post a Comment