Friday, June 5, 2009

Light and Shadows

Let me bring you back to what inspired this group of work.
This group of light work entitled Delineation of Light is an experimentation with new media. I wanted to use paper and hand-weaving technique to create an interesting visual. I have carefully cut and woven strips of photographic blotting paper. The spacing between each warp and weft is carefully spaced to create a 15X15 strip piece. The gaps between each warp and weft give a small dot of light on backing of the box which it is contained. My enjoyment in this piece is to see the iridescence of the bead which is carefully sewn onto it to bring light to the top of the surface of this piece. This simple woven structure has been an inspiration for my work and carries in on in most of my art work. The titles of each boxes have meanings in them to tell where the beads are.



No comments:

Post a Comment